Sunday, July 22, 2007

Meet Your Blogger

Being tagged by Mr. Chanman, I present you with another opportunity to get up close and personal with me--or at least to learn more than you want to.

Four Jobs I've Had
  • Sandwich maker for a gut truck (8th grade, and only for a couple days--I was too slow!
  • Army lieutenant
  • Inside sales rep/sales coordinator
  • Manufacturing manager

Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over
  • Sky High
  • Galaxy Quest
  • The Bourne Identity
  • Crimson Tide

Four Places I've Lived
  • West Point, NY
  • El Paso, TX
  • Colorado Springs, Colorado
  • Fremont/Newark, CA

Four Books I Love
  • Conscience of a Conservative by Barry Goldwater (just finished it, and it's phenomenal)
  • Dirk Pitt novels by Clive Cussler
  • Harry Potter novels by J. K. Rowling
  • Strength In Numbers by Sherman Stein

Four Places I've Vacationed
  • Vancouver/Victoria, British Columbia
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Acapulco, Mexico
  • Western Europe

Four Of My Favorite Dishes
  • Roast beef and Yorkshire pudding
  • Tacos and enchiladas
  • Pepperoni pizza
  • Barbecued chicken

Four Sites I Visit Daily
Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now
  • London
  • Grand Cayman
  • On a cruise
  • Bavaria

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've lived in El Paso as well—Fort Bliss, Texas.

Darren said...

Me, too. The US Army Air Defense Artillery School--known in some circles by its acronym USAADASCH (yoo-sad-ash).

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. Neat :D Is that a part of Biggs Army Airbase or Fort Bliss or White Sands?

Also lived in Bavaria. Nice place :D

Darren said...

I think Biggs falls under the jurisdiction of Ft. Bliss, but I'm not sure.

And who doesn't like Bavaria?

BTW, how did you stumble upon my blog? Having read yours and checking out your pictures, you don't strike me as my stereotypical reader. Not that I'm not always happy to have a new reader, mind you!

Mrs. Bluebird said...

Galaxy Quest!!! Oh gosh, I could catch that movie a hundred times and never stop laughing. Whenever one of our cats does a scan of the ceiling my hubby and I always look at each other and say, "Looking for shoes." And of course, only fans of Galaxy Quest get it!

Darren said...

Maybe your cat has found a way to penetrate the Moktar Stealth Haze.

allenm said...

1) Forrest Gump
2) Terminator 2
3) Groundhog Day
4) Godfather

1) Grand Canyon
2) Smoky Mountains
3) Florida Keys
4) Close-reaching in 40 knots of wind, charging off waves almost to the keel.

1) Catch 22
2) Dune
3) The Ultimate Resource - 2
4) Any of the Hornblower books