Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Bionic Woman

I took an hour out from tonight's installment of The War on PBS to watch the series premiere of The Bionic Woman. It's certainly not the bright and shiny 70's series, that's for sure.

Usually, series premieres aren't that good, but this one impressed me. They packed a lot into that hour--and seeing Katee Sackhoff again, this time as the Cylon/Borg character, was most entertaining.

I haven't watched a series on TV for a long time, but I think I know what I'll be doing on Wednesday nights for the foreseeable future.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It certainly was interesting.

But speaking as someone who had an original Bionic Woman lunchbox, I was struck by the thought that it is too bad that I can't watch it with my 8 y.o. daughter.

Of course, I can't watch anything current with her. At least Get Smart is on dvd.

:)

Unknown said...

Wait. Katee Sackhoff was a Cylon on the Bionic Woman update? Huh?

Darren said...

My son likes Kid Nation. Except for some things on PBS, there isn't much that we can watch together, either--that isn't on DVD. We're working our way through Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, a show so bad that I can't believe I enjoyed it as recently as my early 20s!

Superdestroyer said...

I found the entire premiere disappointing. It is just a rehash of Dark Angel, Matrix, and every bad b-grade sci-fi movie cliche. It will probably die fairly quickly.

Darren said...

It all depends on the writing, Superdestroyer. I didn't pay enough attention to the credits to notice how many people from Battlestar Galactica are working in writing/producing/directing, but I know there is at least one. And if The Bionic Woman is done as well as BSG is, there's plenty of hope for a good series.