Sunday, October 03, 2021

What A Strange View

What could possibly motivate someone to complain about increased range from an electric vehicle?

Think about that. There is a fast, comfortable electric car that will go a full five-hundred and twenty miles before you need to stop and plug it in. As Jasper said when he stepped out the Kwik-E-Mart freezer, “What a time to be alive.”

But, like, do you really even want an electric car that can go 520 miles? The more I stare at that figure, the more I think the answer to that question is: Maybe I don’t.

I could be completely off-base here, but there's only one general reason I can come up with for not supporting as much fuel efficiency as possible:  less opportunity to complain about global warming, less opportunity to control others, increased standard of living.  In other words, for upbeat people like me, there's no downside--and that's the downside.

Fire up those nuclear power plants while we're at it, to keep those cars powered.

No comments: