Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Tomorrow's "Try Mine"

Our campus is a "ranch style", as are so many in California, and is spread out to the extent that we have 3 small staff lounges across the campus.  In the lounge in which I dine, tomorrow we're having a potluck--or, in the parlance of those long-forgotten on campus but whose impact remains, a "try mine".

One teacher will bring a pot of his renowned baked ziti.  One of our counselors will bring her unmatched Chinese chicken salad.  

Tonight I'll be peeling, coring, and slicing apples.  Tomorrow my classroom will smell heavenly as the scents of cooking apples and cinnamon from my crock pot, in which I'll be making applesauce, waft up and down the rows of students.

It'll be a good lunch tomorrow.

2 comments:

Steve USMA '85 said...

So? How did it go?

Darren said...

After the Try Mine, I didn't eat again until breakfast the next morning.