Monday, May 01, 2006

Protests On May Day

Think it's just a coincidence that these protests were scheduled on May Day, the traditional Communist workers' holiday? It's not a coincidence when International A.N.S.W.E.R. is coordinating the protests. According to Instapundit, here's A.N.S.W.E.R.'s rationale.

I've been living in this house since last August--with curtains that are ancient. My dad's wife determined that I need new curtains, and with an April birthday, everything was falling into place. Just before my birthday, though, she determined that she shouldn't choose my new curtains, that I would have to. So she asked when I'd be available to go look at Target, JC Penney, etc., and then have a bite to eat.

Patriotic Americans will be glad to know that I chose this evening to do this shopping, contributing to the economy on a day when so many others tried to shut it down :-)

I think what these (mostly Hispanic) protestors don't realize is that massive street protests, while popular south of our border, are not really the way we get things done here in the US. Such protests are a bit too "mob-rule" for most Americans. But hey, they have the Associated Press on their side:

The territory north of today's 1,952-mile border — half of Mexico at the time — was ripped away in 1848 after a U.S. invasion that ended with the capture of "the halls of Montezuma," Mexico City itself.


Nope, no bias there. "Ripped" away? Yeah, that's "Just the facts, ma'am." Unless by "ripped" they mean "purchased" after the war, which the AP doesn't explain until 10 paragraphs later.

Still don't think there's a liberal bias in the legacy media? Hmph.

So I have new curtains and a new curtain rod. And I had a fantastic turkey sandwich (with cranberry sauce on it!). And now I've got a more solidified attitude against illegal immigrants than I had yesterday. All in all, not a bad evening!

1 comment:

Reverend Nathaniel "Chops" Bailey said...

Hell, I had a GREAT evening. The lack of illegals on the road made for significantly better traffic conditions here in LA.


I wish they'd protest every day.