Monday, July 11, 2005

Who Owns The Airplanes?

In the latest round of Base Realignment And Closure activities, which fortunately for Northern California (and the nation at large) spared Beale and Travis Air Force Bases, a wing of the Illinois Air National Guard was to be moved to Indiana. According to a report in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the governor of Illinois argues that some federal law, which he doesn't specify, forbids the realignment if he does not consent--and he most definitely does not consent.

My question is, who owns the airplanes?

I already know the answer, and I don't believe the Illinois governor has a case here. Then again, I also thought there was no way the Supreme Court could rule in favor of New London in the Kelo case.

1 comment:

Kalroy said...

Not my base. It can't be moved and I doubt it will ever be closed.

Sure they could build a five mile runway anywhere, but the lakebeds are special.

won't stop them from RIFing me one day in the future.

Kalroy