Sunday, March 14, 2021

2nd Dose

In order to "get my steps in" I walked 3 miles to get my 2nd vaccine dose today.  It was nice out, and I was a little warm when I got there.  They hit me with the thermometer and for a moment I was concerned they wouldn't let me in!  When I explained that I'd walked there in the sunshine, they measured again and let me in.

My arm didn't get sore until the day after the first dose, the soreness was almost immediate with this one.  I've read that the 2nd dose often doesn't go as smoothly as the first, so I'm prepared to take some DayQuil to get me through work tomorrow.

And yes, I know that I won't be completely 'rona-safe for two weeks, but as a friend pointed out to me, my chances of dying from the 'rona have now gone from next to zero down to zero!

My sister told me today that it looks like her trip to Iceland is on, as they're accepting tourists who have been vaccinated!  I also read that Greece is opening up to tourism this summer, but I haven't read yet that Americans will be allowed (you know, that whole Schengen issue).  Perhaps Mykonos, Santorini, or Crete are calling my name.  What'cha gonna do, Canada?

Update:  I guess I have my answer about Canada--rather, the part of Canada I'm concerned about.

2 comments:

Anna A said...

My group tour to Greece, originally planned for August of 2020, then to August of 2021 is now March/April of 2022.

But it looks like my favorite retreat center at a monastery may be opening back up this summer. Based on the comments of those who worship with them virtually, there will be a long line to get in.

Auntie Ann said...

I know a lot of people who have had Pfizer #1 & #2, I only know one or two who had a bad time of it. One was my sister, who felt like she had a flu the night of #2, fever chills, etc. By about 30 hours post-shot, she was fine. I had arm pain, and maybe the feeling like I was coming down with something, that lasted a couple hours the day after.

My mom was very tired day after Moderna #2 and took an uncharacteristic 3 hour nap in the afternoon, then was fine.