1. A high school student says he may file a lawsuit against a ducation teacher who took a Mexican flag he had brought for Cinco de Mayo and put it in the garbage.
2. An Iowa teen is graduating from college just one week after graduating from high school. Mattias Gassman, 18, will graduate summa cum laude with two bachelors' degrees from Iowa State University on Saturday. He majored in biophysics, German and classical studies.
3. A principal banned a gay (actually, lesbian) student from a prom, claiming fears of violence, and raised the ire of the American Civil Liberties Union.
4. Ten Tulane University fraternity members faced felony charges Wednesday and the school suspended Pi Kappa Alpha following accusations that the group burned pledges with hot water and pepper spray during a "hell night" initiation.
5. Grant school district administrators haven't been paid roughly $2 million in buyouts their school board approved in March because the county superintendent thinks the payments are illegal and won't issue the checks. In an effort to compel county Superintendent David Gordon to cut checks for the 12 administrators participating in the buyout plan, the Grant Joint Union High School District and four top managers have sued Gordon and the Sacramento County Office of Education.