Any idiot with a (D) after his/her name can get elected to office in California--and our current governor is an idiot:
There’s no candy-coating Newsom’s horrible record:
- California is last in getting kids back to school – most are still on lockdown due to the Democrats’ love affair with teachers’ unions instead of following the science and getting kids back in class. Private schools, like the one Newsom’s kids go to, are open.
- Newsom’s rollout of the COVID vaccine based on political affiliations and “equity” instead of scientific need, has ticked off people of all political stripes.
- The EDD Newsom administration unflinchingly sent $31 BILLION in COVID unemployment relief funds to scammers. Among the in-state people receiving the money were the California-based prisoners, some of whom received $20,000 each from Newsom.
- The EDD scandal makes his $1 billion mask scandal look tame.
- Newsom, like New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, ordered COVID patients into California nursing homes.
- His latest scandal concerns no-bid contracts to people who gave money to his campaign.
- And don’t discount the corrosive effect on the locked-down public from Newsom’s double-standard dinner at the French Laundry
- Newsom is sending more COVID stimulus checks to people who are illegally in the country.
The Dems, however, will close ranks behind this fool, because he may be a fool, but at least he's their fool:
So it goes in California. The only problem is that we could end up with someone worse. A couple years ago I would wonder how, but when you look at what Democrats have done in the time of the 'rona (e.g. Newsom, Cuomo, Whitmer, de Blasio, et al.), nothing is off the table.
Here’s a list of the ways in which Democrats plan to make rule changes or do what they can to benefit their political party:
- The Bee reports that Democrats are considering trying to change the date of the recall to the “next regularly scheduled primary election, when Democrats are more likely to vote,” instead of November of 2021. They played the calendar game with the recall of State Senator Josh Newman in 2018.
- They’re considering sending absentee ballots to every voter whether they’ve asked for one or not to swamp the system.
- They will attempt to convince people who signed the petition to remove their names in a 30-day period after the signatures are turned in.
- Their strategy is to “reduce signatures.” As many signatures as possible will be thrown out keep the recall from qualifying for the ballot.
- Using COVID shutdowns to slow down the signature-gathering such that recall backers went to court to get more time.
- Believe they’ll use the extended lockdowns to keep people from voting.
- They’ve begun spinning the recall as a “distraction.”
- Tried to convince Californians that with all the money being wasted by Democrats (see EDD scandal) spending more on a recall for a new governor is wasteful.