Thursday, August 08, 2019

Went In To Work Yesterday

I am implementing a new curriculum this coming semester and I went into work to get some training on it.  Went in early to set my room up--all the tables were pressed along one wall, and the floors hadn't been cleaned at all.

One of the custodians came in early in the afternoon and asked if I'd be there the rest of the day.  Yes.  He asked if I'd be there tomorrow (today).  No. 

I hope that means my floors are getting cleaned today.  I should've taken a picture, they were quite gross.

1 comment:

Ellen K said...

It used to drive me nuts that the administrators would insist we had to clear out the rooms and have everything off the walls. The following week the custodians would take all the furniture out of the rooms and they would sit in the hallways until late July. So, unless my room was needed for professional development or the administrators were coming for their summer "camp" my room couldn't be used until the few days before school started. That's so silly. I'm so glad not to have to think about it at all this year.