Friday, August 16, 2019

2 Days Down

I've made it through the first two days of school.  I've taken on a course (2 periods of it) in which, currently, mostly low-performing students are enrolled, and people keep asking me how those two classes are.  It's still the honeymoon period--ask me next Friday!

For the first time in a very long time I'll have a special education aide working with me in one of those two classes.  We've both eaten lunch in the same staff lounge for years now so we know each other quite well, and based on the conversations we've had the last couple of days I'm quite looking forward to working with her.  I'm sure she'll be a big help to both me and the students!

I'm teaching a new curriculum in those two classes and it's very "presentation-centric".  My computer, 2nd monitor, and tv all talk to each other now that I've replaced an adapter, so I'm hopeful that the technology infrastructure will allow me to teach with few hiccups.  Not having taught this curriculum before, I'm going to go into work for a couple hours on Sunday so that Monday goes smoothly.  I don't want to screw up my first day of actual instruction!

For now, though, I'm going to enjoy the rest of my evening.

No comments: