Thursday, September 25, 2014

Water From The Sky

For the last couple of days the Accuweather app on my phone has said that today, Thursday, there would be a 63% chance of rain.  When I woke up this morning I looked at the app and the picture for Sacramento showed rain!  Then I looked--only a 9% chance.  What a suck.

I looked outside when it got light enough.  The ground was dry.  *sigh*

It started raining just as I left for work.  I could joke about rain of Biblical proportions but it was a very light rainfall.  By lunch the sky was nice and blue with a few puffy clouds.

Since it's been forever, though, I thought I'd have a little fun.  I started each class off with a music video related to rain:
I Wish It Would Rain Down by Phil Collins
Set Fire to the Rain by Adele
Fire and Rain by James Taylor
Purple Rain by Prince
It's Raining Men by The Weather Girls (wish I could have found the West-Point-cadet-made video of parachute school that song playing)

It's a little cool outside right now, enough that I can open my doors and windows for fresh air.  Think I'll light a few candles, too--I enjoy candle season!

9 comments:

maxutils said...

Not ... "Love, Reign O'er Me" by the Who?

PeggyU said...

Not "Who'll Stop the Rain?"(CCR) or "I Love a Rainy Night"(Eddie Rabbitt) or "Rain Dance"(the Guess Who)?

Jerry Doctor said...

No list of "rain" songs can be considered complete with out the Cascades, "Rhythm of the Rain"

Darren said...

Don't forget Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head.

I left out the Who song (since it's Reign instead of Rain), and we facepalmed in the middle of 6th period, after that period's video had already been played, when we came up with CCR.

maxutils said...

I was joking.

maxutils said...

It's Raining AGAIN! (Supertramp) ... and it IS!

Auntie Ann said...

Being in Los Angeles, and rarely seeing rain, I have a "rain" playlist on the ipod. It's a strange assortment:

Louis Prima: "Come Rain or Come Shine"

Prince: "Purple Rain"

Glee: "Don't Rain On My Parade"

Johnny Nash: "I Can See Clearly Now (the rain is gone.)"

Carol Burnett: "April Showers"

Louis Prima: "Pennies From Heaven"

Carpenters: "Rainy Days And Mondays"

Eurythmics: "Here Comes The Rain Again"

Creedence: "Who'll Stop The Rain"

Barry Manilow: "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head"

Gene Kelly: "Singin' In The Rain"

Eddie Rabbit: "I Love A Rainy Night"

maxutils said...

How about, "I'm Only Happy When it Rains" by Garbage? Or the same song, fabulously covered acoustically by ... Metallica? Yes, Metallica.

PeggyU said...

"Rainy Day People", Gordon Lightfoot.