RightWingProf at Right Wing Nation has tagged me with an interesting meme:
Six Weird Things About Me
1. I don't like strawberries. I like strawberry jelly, strawberry Jell-O, strawberry Pop-Tarts, strawberry Starburst, strawberry punch--in short, just about anything strawberry-flavored. Just not real strawberries. Or strawberry ice cream. Eww.
2. I have a weird fear of heights--I'm only afraid of heights when I'm connected to the ground. I don't like being anywhere near the edge of my roof, I don't like riding in glass elevators outside of tall buildings, I don't like looking down through the almost-horizontal glass in the Stratosphere Tower in Las Vegas. However, I always ride in glass elevators outside of buildings, because I don't want to go to my grave not having faced my irrational fear. I can be outside on top of the Stratosphere Tower, and feel perfectly safe behind the anti-jumper fence. I love flying and almost always try to get a window seat. In parachute school I was the first man out of the plane on one jump, and I got to stand in the doorway of a C-141--and even lean out of it to check out the Alabama-Georgia countryside--at 2000 feet and thought that was awesome. I've flown in a Huey with the side door open, and nothing to keep me from falling out but a thin piece of cloth around my waist, with no problem. Roof? No way.
3. I'm a Republican who teaches. In California. And I'm not even masochistic.
4. I like escargots. I've been known on rare occasions to buy canned snails and cook/serve them; I even have genuine shells in which to serve them to guests.
5. After I got out of the Army I had a true crisis of faith. I studied Islam, with a desire to convert. Fortunately I gave up on that after awhile.
6. When I moved from my last house to my current one, I changed which side of the bed I sleep on--but it's still the side near the bedroom door. When I stay in hotels, it doesn't matter which side (if one bed) or which bed (if two) I sleep on.
Somebody tagged me with this same meme a couple of weeks ago and I said, "I'm not sure that my 'weirdities' are printable." I'm still not sure. But seeing your "weirdities" gives me confidence; I may actually try it. Thanks for sharing. (But was it really necessary to tell us about the escargots? Eeww!)
I didn't publish my weirdest weirdities--it's a family blog, you know.
And what's wrong with escargots? Do you have something against the French, or something? =)
A snail goes to a car dealership and buys a car. Before he leaves, he asks the salesman if the dealership can paint a big letter "S" on both sides of the car. The dealer says, "I guess so, but why would you want to go and do something like that?"
The snail replies, "So when I am driving down the road, people will say, 'Hey, look at that "S" car go!'."
nyuck! nyuck! nyuck! nyuck! nyuck!
I'm exactly the opposite about bananas.
Post a Comment