Wednesday, May 08, 2013

I Can See The Light

There's no final exam for the current course I'm taking in my master's program, but there is a 10-page project--and it's due by 3pm on Friday.

Tonight I finished the write-up, and it's 9 pages with lots of appendices.  That'll have to do.  All I have to do to finish is take some screen shots of software-generated graphs, insert those graphs into the appendices, and email the report to my instructor.

How cliche it would be if my computer decided to take a dump tomorrow!

8 comments:

Lassie said...

How cliché would it be if the dog ate your homework?

Joshua Sasmor said...

Time to put a copy of the current document and data into your cloud - email it to yourself, and then worry about the graphs. That way you have a backup copy and you can always make the graphs on another computer if you have to...

pseudotsuga said...

Back it up! Back it up! Back it up!

Darren said...

Are you ready for this? For the past couple days I *did* email, to my school account, both the report *and* the SAS file--but when I got to school today, I hadn't received that email from last night. I wonder where I emailed it?!!!

Jim Harbaugh said...

"I wonder where I emailed it?!!!"

Darren,

Thank you for your analysis. We will incorporate your work into our game plan for next season.

Sincerely,

Jim

Joshua Sasmor said...

The SAS file may have been too large of an attachment. Time to use Dropbox or google drive or something like that :)

Darren said...

SAS file is tiny, and I'm home now and checked my email outbox. I sent it to school. It's somewhere in the ether of my school district's email system.

Lovely.

I have my flash drive plugged in right now!

Anonymous said...

Darren,
I'm getting using Google Docs with my students. Their recent projects, thesis paper with a PP presentation were on their account with me as the owner and I went paperless. The capacity of this is nearly unlimited. I'm becoming a Google Docs fan.