Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Guess What I Just Did

I wanted to check one of my answers in my Linear Algebra course, so I broke out the HP-15C that was issued to me at West Point in 1983, broke out the user's manual (which I probably hadn't read since 1984 or 85), and did a little matrix reading.  Checked one of my answers--turned out to be correct--now I have one short blog post to go and then I'm off to bed.

I also have the HP-15C app installed on my iPhone (which I don't use as a phone, but that's another story).  It's a great calculator.  Who has two thumbs and loves RPN?  This guy!

P.S.  Still haven't received word on how I did on the test I took last Friday.  I'll admit to being a lot more confident going into it than I was coming out of it.

3 comments:

Joshua Sasmor said...

RPN is stack programming on a calculator - I tell my students about "postfix" notation, and they are stunned...

Darren said...

I don't know what postfix notation is.

jeffsters said...

I have a 15c that is about the same age as yours. I love it when a student asks to borrow my calculator. I do keep an algebraic spare just for them.

RPN rules.