Sunday, April 22, 2012

Last Practice

Last year, during the very dark days and weeks after my skiing injury, I set a goal to run a mile on the track at school on the one-year anniversary of the accident. That goal not only gave me something to look forward to, it gave me something over which I felt I had some control, which was very important when feeling like (and actually being) an invalid.

Tomorrow is that one-year anniversary.

Last weekend I made it a mile on a treadmill at the gym for the first time. I had a nice Sunday afternoon workout at the gym today, which I ended with a 12-1/2 minute, 1.25 mile run on a treadmill. In NASA parlance the knee is "nominal"; any problems tomorrow will come from either the temperature (expected to be in the 80s) or my complete and total lack of cardiovascular fitness.

Bring it on :-)

2 comments:

Mike Thiac said...

Video Bro...we know you will do it but show it!

Anonymous said...

Go Darren! /cheer