Thursday, May 20, 2010

Play That Funky Music, White Boy

Today at school we received an email: because of our recent e-waste fundraising drive, we received some external speakers for computers. I assumed it was first come, first served, so I responded right away.

I had only the PC speaker, so if I had something the students needed to hear, the room had to be silent--and even then it's difficult. But not anymore. I got more than just some powered speakers today. I got powered speakers and a subwoofer. Yes, they look ancient, but they work quite nicely.

I was a little late to lunch today because I was listening to Pandora.com and Enjoy The Silence by Depeche Mode came on. There was a mini-concert going on in my classroom.

4 comments:

W.R. Chandler said...

During silent reading in my classroom at the beginning of every period, I have my Pandora classical music station playing.

I love Pandora.

Skip said...

If you have a projector in your room, find Abbot & Costello's 13 x 7 = 28 on YouTube. My kids thought it was the greatest.

Darren said...

Nice. Look up Ma and Pa Kettle's multiplication :)

Ellen K said...

My son enlightened me to a quirky band called "Of Montreal" They sound a great deal like vintage Beatles, but more interesting than you would expect.
http://popup.lala.com/popup/360569453765419415