Sunday, May 09, 2010

Do You Want Your Kid Taught By This Guy?

"Where we now stand is stolen, occupied Mexico"...La Raza rally at UCLA....More gems: 'Communist Revolution', 'Frail, racist white people', 'La Raza' (the Race), Fidel Castro, 'Northern Front of Latin Revolution'..."40 million...revolutionaries...in the belly of the beast". "Our enemy is Capitalism and Imperialism".

Sanchee H.S. history teacher Ron Gochez, La Raza Rally at UCLA

We are revolutionary Mexican organization here. We understand that this is not just about Mexico. Its about a global struggle against imperialism and capitalism At the forefront of this revolutionary movement is La Raza. We will no longer fall for these lies called borders. We see America as a northern front of a revolutionary movement Our enemy is capitalism and imperialism.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGqPo5ofk0s

2 comments:

PeggyU said...

Is it a public or private school?

maxutils said...

Public.

And, while I suspect I would disagree virulently with this guy, I'm not prepared to beat the drums for his removal YET. Conflicting viewpoints aren't a problem if he encourages discussion and doesn't penalize people for having an opposing point of view.
When I was taking classes to flush out my social science credential at Sac State, I had to take a course called Interpretive US History. My initial reaction was horror, compounded when the professor (Sharon Moore) turned out to be just as liberal as I would have expected. I was the only conservative in the class, but she never cut me off, and we had a lot of good discussion in class. I wound up earning the highest grade in the class, and it was the one of themost enjoyable class I've ever taken. And, I took it seriously, because I knew I had to come in loaded for bear academically.

This may have been more the exception than the rule, but it does remind one not to judge to hastily.