Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Dash Of Ginger

Ginger gets a little spicy after getting a call from the California Teachers Association:

Then, without giving me a chance to respond, she immediately launched into her scripted spiel - essentially a long denunciation of the California Legislature in general and Senate President Pro Tempore Darrell Steinberg, specifically, for cutting support to California schools.

Memo to CTA on effective communication: Tell your paid callers to read their scripts more slowly, and with better articulation. Try pausing at the end of sentences or where the commas go. It helps the listener to understand what the hell they're talking about.

When the CTA's breathless paid caller finished her script, she asked me if I would like her to transfer me to Sen. Darrell Steinberg's office so I could tell him myself how outraged I was. I told her that I'd rather be transferred to CTA union bosses. I wanted to tell them how outraged I was that the union was throwing younger teachers under the bus so that senior teachers wouldn't have to raise their co-pay for a doctors office visit from measly $1 to $15, which is more in line with what most of the rest of the world pays.

Note to Ginger: you're my kinda lady!

4 comments:

Ellen K said...

You have a $1 copay?
And California wonders why it's broke-the unions aren't even in the same planetary system as the rest of the nation.

Darren said...

I have a $25 copay.

Each of our 1000 school districts has its own plan.

W.R. Chandler said...

When I first started teaching, my co-pay was $5. Now it is $15.

Nic said...

I have a $25 co-pay too, and have for years.