Sunday, September 25, 2022

Is This Helping Mother Earth?

A couple months ago I wrote about mandatory composting here in California.  Yes, that's right, mandatory composting.  To limit methane from landfills, or something.

So I've been composting.  Here's a picture from this morning:


A couple weeks of composting--a couple apple cores and a lot of loose-leaf tea.  In a 3-gallon bag.

The bags haven't ever lasted more than about 15 days, they deteriorate quickly so I'll have to dispose of this very soon.  The bag is a bigger waste than whatever methane we're supposedly saving.

You're welcome, Gaia.

3 comments:

Snake Plissken said...

More insanity from California. I'm tryin to remember, exactly when did California lose its collective mind?

Darren said...

1992.

Jason said...

proud of you. Our city hasn't really rolled anything out. But honestly I don't think I am going to do anything different. What a joke of a law. How do you even enforce something like this?

And I know people who work in sanitation and they have said recycling is a waste of time. That sometimes they combine all trash and don't sort anything.