Saturday, February 19, 2022

I Made It!

This morning as I was in a miles-long customs line in Guadalajara, I'd have sworn I wasn't going to make my connecting flight.  A lady pointed me to a line (with no signage!) for those of us with connecting flights, and it was shorter and went much quicker.  Even so, I'd have sworn my suitcase wouldn't make it to my flight, which was scheduled to leave in under 20 min.

When I landed in Mexico City, my bag was one of the first ones on the carousel!  A not-so-long taxi ride ($15!!!) got me to my hotel 6 hrs before check-in time.  Ugh.  They guarded my bags while I went out and did some walking.  Later the hotel got me into a room 2 hrs before check-in, and I rested for 3 hrs as I didn't sleep on the overnight flights.  Then I went out again, consuming street food like it was going out of style.  GAWD the Mexicans know food!

So, here's me at the Plaza of the Constitution in front of the National Palace and Metropolitan Cathedral:


Proof I'm really here!

3 comments:

Pseudotsuga said...

Yum....Mexican food! Mexican STREET food!
Hopefully you won't catch Montezuma's revenge!

Darren said...

Here it's called "turista", and so far, so good!

Darren said...

Home now after 6 days and all is well :-)