Thursday, February 17, 2022

Goldilocks Doesn't Live Here Anymore

I don't have a lot of suitcases.  In fact, I have two, plus an overnight/carry-on bag.

Tried to fit my trip's clothes in the smaller bag.  Just a bit too small, and even if I could fit everything in it, which I cannot, I wouldn't be able to bring anything back with me (and I love t-shirts).  So we go to Option B.

I break out the big suitcase, the one that can easily hold 2 weeks' worth of clothes, including coats.  Keep in mind that I won't be gone for 2 weeks, as I only have 1 week off work, but this is the only suitcase I have that will work.  Way too big, plenty of leftover room in there; I can bring back shirts, towels, and a few sombreros.  If you yell into that suitcase you'll hear an echo, but at least it carries everything I need it to.

The carry-on is packed to the gills.  I like to keep all my electronics with me, not in checked baggage, so my laptop, video camera, and all chargers go there.  So does a change of underwear and a clean shirt, a neck pillow for the flight, a mini-toiletries bag, my guide book, and a small documents portfolio.  This bag could stand to be a little larger, but then it could fall afoul of carry-on size limits should an airline decide to enforce those, so I guess this is as big as it can get.

These are definitely First World problems.  I'm thankful to head off on this adventure tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Ellen K said...

That's why I always travel with a large purse that will fit my small clutch, medicine, makeup, chewing gum (my ears always pop) a pair of folding flat shoes for the plane and usually a book.