Tuesday, September 07, 2021

Healthcare Communism

A friend sent me a quote or paraphrase from an article in the current issue of The Economist:  "Liberals tend to defer to progressives and progressives tend to defer to totalitarians."  Seems true to me.  Then I read this, and the quote above seemed even more true:

And, to be clear, when I assert we live under healthcare communism, I don’t mean communism the way ye olde Karl Marx dreamed it up. I mean something even worse, more insidious—total state control of our lives, who wins and loses, who profits and who fails, who becomes a billionaire and who a pauper, even who survives… in other words communism as practiced in today’s People’s Republic of China and, increasingly, the United States.

Update, 9/8/21: As if on cue:

"Dr. Fauci said if hospitals get any more overcrowded they're going to have to make some very tough choices about who gets an ICU bed," the host continued. "That choice doesn’t seem so tough to me. ‘Vaccinated person having a heart attack? Yes, come right in, we’ll take care of you. Unvaccinated guy who gobbled horse goo? Rest in peace, wheezy.'" 

Scratch a leftie, and a totalitarian bleeds.  And we know how totalitarians like people to die. 

Update #2, 9/9/21The internet is forever:

No comments: