Tuesday, May 26, 2020

One Of The Concerns I Have About Plans To Reopen School In August

I'm somewhat hard of hearing and often cannot people unless they look directly at me when they speak--partly so I can read their lips:
Although it has temporarily stopped taking orders, a company called Safe’N’Clear makes a mask that is approved by the Food and Drug Administration for surgical settings but is not an N95 respirator. That could pose a problem for health-care providers, says Goldstein, because the masks aren’t fully protective. And clear masks have other problems, such as a tendency to fog up, she notes.
I'm not sure how I'm supposed to help students with math problems while maintaining so-called social distancing, and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to understand what students say when their mouths are covered.

Masks and so-called social distancing are being considered for when school reopens in August.  Both of them seem extreme and unnecessary to me, but Befehl ist Befehl.

No comments: