Thursday, January 17, 2013

Statistical Analysis

I passed Linear Algebra last semester with over 99% in the class, a high bar indeed to set for myself as I start my second of ten master's courses, Statistical Analysis.  Honestly, I think I have a few "gaps" in what they consider should be prerequisite stats knowledge, despite the fact that I teach introductory stats in high school.

The instructor is quite good about answering my questions via email, though, and I feel like I'm catching up to where I should be.  This is good, because I'll probably take the first test (out of 6) next week!

3 comments:

Steve USMA '85 said...

Good luck. What text are you using? Curious if it is one of the ones I am familiar with.

Darren said...

An Introduction to Statistical Methods and Data Analysis, 6th Edition, by Ott and Longnecker

Anonymous said...

If you want to learn some statistical programming at the same time, you might try "Discovering Statistics Using R" by Andy Field, Jeremy Miles and Zoe Field. It's well written and actually entertaining. I'm working through it right now.