Saturday, January 12, 2013

Hot Yoga

A little over 2 years ago I started dieting and doing Bikram hot yoga, and in 4 months I lost 25 pounds.  Yoga is expensive, though, so I stopped and signed up for a gym membership.  My weight loss stalled.

It took me 4 months to lose the weight and 2 years to gain the vast majority of it back.

This morning I started yoga again.  As I was driving to the studio it was 32 degrees; 2 hrs later, on the drive home, it was 10 degrees warmer.

I'm toying with going skiing tomorrow.

(BTW, that yoga kicked my butt.)

2 comments:

PeggyU said...

You can do that with your old knee injury?

Darren said...

Being old and "un-bendy" was far worse than than the injury!

I've gotten weak. You know how sometimes when you stress a muscle, it spasms or vibrates? I was watching my quads do that, wondering if they'd support me!

Yes, it's good that I'm doing this again, even though it's so expensive.