Coincidentally, there is a law with a (slightly) related component working its way through the Congress. Go to this Library of Congress web site to get this information about prayer at specific schools:
(Engrossed Amendment as Agreed to by Senate)
SEC. 1079. PRAYER AT MILITARY SERVICE ACADEMY ACTIVITIES.
- (a) In General- The superintendent of a service academy may have in effect such policy as the superintendent considers appropriate with respect to the offering of a voluntary, nondenominational prayer at an otherwise authorized activity of the academy, subject to the United States Constitution and such limitations as the Secretary of Defense may prescribe.
- (b) Service Academies- For purposes of this section, the term `service academy' means any of the following:
- (1) The United States Military Academy.
- (2) The United States Naval Academy.
- (3) The United States Air Force Academy.
As I said, the law in question is still working its way through the Congress. I hope this section stays when it passes, and I state here my total amazement and shame that something so simple and unobtrusive has to be enshrined in law to protect it.