Monday, February 01, 2010

Tolerance At The Air Force Academy

If you worship trees, and your bombs drop on trees, are you killing your god?

AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. - The Air Force Academy has set aside an outdoor worship area for Pagans, Wiccans, Druids and other Earth-centered believers, school officials said Monday.

A double circle of stones atop a hill on the campus near Colorado Springs has been designated for the group, which previously met indoors. link


I know, the named groups don't necessarily worship trees. I also know that my religious beliefs seem as silly to atheists as those of the above-mentioned groups seem to me. I hope that my opening sentence is taken--by all groups--in the joshing sense of good humor in which it was intended.

1 comment:

allen (in Michigan) said...

Is there a memorial for Kara Hultgren and the cost of political correctness? Maybe with a matching memorial at Fort Hood?