Monday, January 09, 2023

Never In My Life

I've heard of people in the US having lengthy utility outages, but I've never experienced an outage of any kind longer than a few hours in my life.

Maybe you've heard about the storms we're experiencing in California.  Sure, fallen trees knock out power lines, always have, but I have electricity.  What I don't have is my home internet connection, which has been out since 2am Sunday without word from Xfinity.  Doing without the service is bad enough, not being given any information is worse.

So I went to a nearby Xfinity store and was told there that a technician can't be sent to my area until at least Thursday.  At least I have day to look forward to now.

This is why I get cell service and internet from different companies.  I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket.  I'm using my phone as a hotspot right now to post this....

Update, 1/11/23Up after 3 days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We caught the corner of the storm that blasted you. Glad you are ok, but I wondered if you were sitting in the dark!