Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Cheerios

If you're a happenin' single guy like me, you do your grocery shopping at Grocery Outlet on Saturday night.  I'll tell you what, that's a party right there.

One of the reasons I like shopping at Grocery Outlet is that it's like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates--you never know what you're gonna get.  I always get to try something I've never even heard of before.

Take last Saturday night's shopping, for instance.  I don't eat a lot of breakfast cereals, but I always like to have some in the house; you never know when you might need a quickie breakfast, and sometimes dry cereal is just good to graze on.  I had just finished a box of cereal and needed a replacement, so there I was in the cereal aisle.

I've known there are lots of different flavors of Cheerios.  When I was a kid there were two, regular Cheerios and Honey Nut Cheerios, but now there's a veritable smorgasbord of Cheerios flavors.  But there at Grocery Outlet were two I'd never seen before:  Banana Caramel Cheerios and Honey Vanilla Cheerios.  Both sounded pretty good to me so I bought one of each.  Tried the banana caramel flavor this morning, and it's pretty darn good!  It might be several weeks until I polish off this box and try the honey vanilla flavor.

2 comments:

Pseudotsuga said...

At my local Grocery Outlet, I found a display of Weetabix I first tried and enjoyed in the UK.
I haven't been able to get Weetabix locally since Trader Joes' decided a few years back to stop carrying it, and so I bought a few boxes of it.
I'll have to go back and get more...

Anna A said...

Pseudotsuga,

Have you considered checking out World Market. I will be going there to get some Harissa sauce. I found it originally at Aldi's, but as usual never again. And they are less expensive than the other on-line place