Sunday, April 03, 2022

This Morning

I woke up this morning to a text from a friend in Denver, asking me about the early morning shooting in downtown Sacramento.  He knew more about it than I did, as I learned about it from his text.

I honestly can't get exercised about this.  I don't know why, but some Trump supporter/NRA member firing his fully automatic AR-14 machine gun with a big clip just doesn't interest me.

And with reporting like that, I'm sure I'll be able to get a job at the major Sacramento newspaper.

As an aside, a teacher from my school who retired last year also texted me from another state.  We have a few young colleagues at school who like to "go out", and he told me he was worried about them.  I texted the two for whom I had numbers and asked them if they'd been shot, and they both replied they had not.  One of them also told me that the third person mentioned was similarly not involved.  This calmed the nerves of the retiree.

No comments: