Saturday, April 16, 2022

One Flew Off Of The Bucket List

When I was young I had a long list of things I was going to accomplish in life.  Some I've accomplished and some I've decided I no longer need or want to accomplish, and I've even done a few things that are important to me now but weren't on my radar when I was young.  Life changes you.

One item, though, is still on the list.  I've wanted to officiate at a wedding.  Well, it's on the list until later this evening, when I can cross it off.

Update, 4/17/22:  Went off without a hitch.  I wonder who was more nervous, the bride and groom or me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if you meant to do this or not but you said it "went off without a hitch" - which basically means it went off *without* a wedding taking place! HA HA HA (Get it? Getting 'hitched' but you said it went off without a hitch. So no hitch took place.) :) Thanks for the grin either way!

Darren said...

I made a similar joke earlier today: Went off without a hitch--except for the couple that got hitched!

Auntie Ann said...

My grandfather was a minister. He was so nervous when he officiated my parents' wedding, he forgot half the service.

Mike Thiac said...

Gotta ask, how did you get certified to do this?

Darren said...

https://www.themonastery.org/

Many of California's laws were written before the state government went insane. The law here is that if you have a church that says you're clergy, then you're clergy. The state isn't going to mess with the church.