Friday, November 13, 2020

Strange Calendar Settings

 There's a tech company out there, perhaps you've heard of them, whose software runs a lot of phones--including mine.

So when I look at the calendar on my phone, I see "reminders" on certain days.  For example, in this month Election Day and Indigenous Peoples Day are identified.  If there's a way to turn these off, I haven't found it yet.

You know what holidays are not on that calendar?  Veterans Day and Thanksgiving.

I looked in December and Christmas isn't shown, either.  Who determines what events are shown on this calendar, and why?

2 comments:

three of clubs said...

If you mean Google, you might consider going to calendar.google.com on a laptop and see what calendar you are subscribed to under other calendars on the left side. Mine says Holidays in United States which lists all the ones you mentioned plus quite a few non-canonical ones.

Darren said...

Thanks for that suggestion. I did it, logging into the my "phone" account, and Holidays in United States *is* checked. Very odd.