Thursday, November 05, 2020

A Nice Lunch

One of our young teachers is moving back in with her parents this weekend.  She makes respectable money, but with rents as high as they are, she can't save as much as she'd like for a down payment on a house.

She told us that she can't take her food with her--there's no room at her parents' for it!  (I'd find room if it were my kid, but whatever!)  Perhaps she can donate unopened packaged food, but there is plenty of open/perishable foodstuffs that would have to be thrown out.

So we had a potluck today.  She made what's called "Million dollar spaghetti", which was like a spaghetti casserole--oh, the cheese!  I brought french bread and garlic butter, another teacher brought homemade chocolate chip cookies, another brought soft drinks, and another brought a Caesar salad.  It was quite the feast.

I ate so much, I can't imagine I'll eat dinner tonight.

And there's still plenty of casserole and soft drinks for lunch tomorrow.  

I work with a pretty good crew of people.

No comments: