Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Payoff!

Because we have been doing distance teaching in my district all semester, and because our class time is about 40% less than in a regular school year, I had to cut how much material I teach in each of my classes.  In statistics, I used to teach 5 chapters in the first semester, but this year I won't test Chapter 4 until early December.  There won't be near enough time remaining to teach Chapter 5.

However, I can teach Chapter 9.  Chapter 9 is about correlation, and I can teach the rudiments of that material in the short time I'll have remaining in the semester after the Chapter 4 test.  Again, I won't be covering the material in depth, but I have to cut something, and this material seems as good as any other to skimp on.

I was preparing to make a Chapter 9 Section 1 instructional video today when I thought, "I taught this 2nd semester last year."  Late in the 2nd semester, like after the corona-shutdown.  When I was making videos from home.

So I checked on my YouTube channel and there they were, videos for Chapter 9 made from my kitchen table last spring.  I knew that making these videos would eventually pay off, and it just did--I now have all the stats videos I need for the remainder of the semester!

No comments: