Tuesday, June 09, 2020

FINALLY!

Students had until 12 noon today to let us know that they wanted to revert to Credit/NoCredit from a letter grade if they had previously asked for a letter grade, so at 12:01 I logged in and submitted my grades.  I went through the online checkout process--can we do it online from now on???--and now I'm on summer break!

The only issue now is that any time I waste is my own.  I have somewhere between 8 and 10 weeks before school starts, although I do have a little training to undergo over the summer so that I can be a mentor teacher (not that I haven't already been one 4 times).  I'm sure I'll find some time to complete that training between my traveling, lounging, eating, and TV watching.

Apropos of my last comment, I just signed up for the CuriosityStream app for $20/year.  I've already watched 3 shows about the Normans, a show about 3-D mapping of Venice, and one about a new excavation at Pompeii.  And that's within 24 hours!

2 comments:

Education Realist said...

We're not only forced into credit/no credit, we're forced to give credit to any kid who was passing at shutdown, even if they utterly disappeared after shutdown In our school, that's more than a semester.

Now there's talk that we'll be opening in hybrid mode *at best* next year. I'm so disgusted.

Darren said...

{deadpan voice} I can't imagine why.