Friday, February 23, 2018

NO-rthern Lights

Last night, for the 3rd night in a row, our Northern Lights tour was cancelled due to bad weather.  Oh well.  At least I saw them from the airplane!

Went to the Blue Lagoon yesterday.  It's everything good that you've ever heard about it!  I didn't find it overly crowded at all, nor did I find the employees bossy--2 complaints I'd read.  The *indoor* space is pretty small, but the lagoon itself was fairly large for the few hundred people that were there.  I spent 2 hrs in the lagoon itself.  It was so cold outside, the back of my head *hurt* because of the cold.  I kept having to dunk myself just so as not to freeze!

In that 2 hrs the sky started clear, then it snowed, then it was clear again (and by clear I mean there was some blue sky visible), then it snowed again.  It stayed overcast and intermittently snowing the remainder of the time we were there, including when out and taking pictures of the moonscape around the lagoon.

And it is a moonscape.  Nothing but volcanic rock covered by a little moss.  Nothing nearby.  Out in the middle of nowhere.  Which is probably why the geothermal power plant, the runoff of which feeds the lagoon, was built out there.





1 comment:

J Newman said...

Good memories of my trip there in 2014!