Monday, July 10, 2017

Tech Help

I've been a reader of Joanne Jacobs' education-related blog for years now, but all of a sudden I get the following error when visiting her site:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
I get this error whether using Firefox or Internet Explorer.

I contacted Joanne to ask if there's some problem on her end.  She did some checking and doesn't think so.

I've cleared my browser cache and deleted all cookies in the joannejacobs.com folder in my browser listing of cookies, but to no avail.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Works for me, though I used Google Chrome

KauaiMark said...

I can access her blog just fine

KauaiMark said...

I can also access JJ's blog from the link on your blog list...so a glitch on your service provider?

Auntie Ann said...

2:54 CA time and I got to her site without a problem.

rclark said...

Working for me with Chrome. I've had issues with her site in the past - sort of a stuck cache or something, causing the content to get stale. It took jumping through hoops to get it to refresh. That hasn't happened for quite a while, though.

Teacher gardener said...

I am using Firefox. I gained access to her website without any trouble. Sorry I don't have any ideas to help.

Ellen K said...

Clear your cookies-there's probably one that she has blocked.
Also, you might want to check to see if you have changed any security settings OR if someone else has changed them for you.
And finally, I dumped Firefox a while back. It had become as cumbersome as Internet Explorer (I still remember Netscape....). and even though I have Safari on my Mac, all our school docs are done on Google. So as much as I hate to contribute to their wealth, I used Google as a browser. It's easy to manage, I can move things to Classroom easily and most of my Office docs will translate reasonably well to the Google versions. Just my take on it.