Friday, July 28, 2017

Fool Me Once, Shame On You, Fool Me Twice...

I didn't buy or watch Al's first movie, and now his second is coming out:
Former Vice President Al Gore’s new global warming film debuts in select theaters Friday, just in time to see if his 2006 prediction came true that humanity would face a “true planetary crisis” if nothing was done to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

It didn’t, but that hasn’t stopped Gore from going on a whirlwind media tour to promote his new film “An Inconvenient Sequel.”
As an educator I did get a free copy of the original movie.  It's in my safe doing a two-fer:
1) no one is watching that copy, and
2) after 20 years I'll show it and let people see for themselves how wrongheaded the current environmental movement is.

3 comments:

Ellen K said...

You could do what I do with books I dislike. Normally I take boxes of books to Recycled Books in Denton-a book store that knows books and gives me a fair price. But if I really dislike a book, I throw it away on the same premise-that nobody can be infected by the bad book.

Peggy U said...

Hello? Why is it that "as an educator" you received a free copy of the original movie? Who paid for you to receive that free swill?

Darren said...

I don't recall exactly, as it's been forever, but seems to me it was the distributor who sent it to me.