Friday, July 14, 2017

I Know You Are But What Am I

They are so busy calling everyone else a racist that they don't see that they themselves are the racists:
The Board of Trustees of Evergreen State College met on campus Wednesday and held a listening session for anyone who wanted to come before them and offer their perspective. Speakers were clearly divided between those who supported President George Bridges and those who felt the campus was out of control. Speaking from the latter perspective was a current Evergreen student named MacKenzie.

“If you offer any sort of alternative viewpoint, which I do have, and you’re kind of the enemy,” MacKenzie said. She continued, “I don’t agree with the behavior that has been shown on the campus and unlike what Anne Fischel [a previous speaker] has said, I think it’s important to focus on the way this was handled.”

“This behavior has actually been encouraged and because of this I feel like people are becoming more violent and the campus is becoming more of an unsafe place,” she said. “I have been to several meetings to speak. I’ve been told several times that I’m not allowed to speak because I’m white,” she said.

“This school seems to focus so much on race that it is actually becoming more racist in a different sort of way. And because I say that—because I choose not to focus on race I have actually been labeled a racist and a white supremacist. If anyone took the time to actually know me, it’s not true at all.”
Just in case you missed it above:
This school seems to focus so much on race that it is actually becoming more racist....
I'm reminded of Chief Justice Roberts' words from a Supreme Court case involving assigning students to schools based on race:
"The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race."

1 comment:

Pseudotsuga said...

Yet this school still has accreditation... the mind boggles.
It's a model lefty school: no majors, no grades. And you think with all that you'd have a wonderful campus free of racism!