Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Oooh, I Ticked Off A Leftie

Whenever I quote from another source, I provide links to that source. And I never, ever, take things from another blog and post them on my own. Besides being a potential copyright issue, I just considered it to be part of the accepted code of conduct in the blogosphere.

So you can imagine my surprise when I found a picture of me, lifted right from my own blog, on someone else's web site. There are three reasons I didn't ask the blog owner to take it down: one has to be a "member" to comment on that blog (and I'm not a member), I didn't find any contact information on the page containing my picture, and, to be perfectly honest, I didn't want to engage in conversation with the type of person who did what he did and wrote what he wrote.

So I followed the procedures of his blog hosting company (Yahoo) to have the picture removed. I proved that the picture was mine and stated that he did not have permission to use it, and they removed it from his blog.

Read his unhinged response and see why I'm not really interested in dealing with this person.

Oh, Mr. Klonsky? Yahoo isn't an agent of the government, and therefore isn't bound by the 1st Amendment. That little tidbit of knowledge I provide to you absolutely free. Here's another: step back, take a deep breath, and reread what you wrote in your little "challenge"; I hope you'll see that you don't come across very well, and perhaps you'd like to try a little more maturity and intellect and a little less temper-tantrum and name-calling.

I'm just saying.

15 comments:

Darren said...

Only when lefties are involved, Natalie :-)

Pomoprophet said...

what a putz that Klonsky is. Liberals wonder why they dont have respect? Its because of the way they act and how illogical they are.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I have never gone looking for your contact link before, but I think it only took me about 20 seconds to find it. Hypothetically, if I wanted to use one of your photographs, I could send an email in a matter of minutes and just ask you nicely. Darren, am I missing something here?

Darren said...

No, you're not.

KauaiMark said...

Now he's got his relatives involved...

http://preaprez.wordpress.com/

Ellen K said...

I think this is what is meant by the drive-by media. In fact as media keeps evolving it is almost as if people create their own reality, and some of them become deranged when that "reality" is threatened from attacks real or imagined. I would write him off as a hack.

Darren said...

He's got a few people involved. Apparently I'm a big deal to them. It's not quite the adoration I've craved, but... :-)

Anonymous said...

I want to get my lawyer but like most dead beat liberals i dont have a real job to earn enough mone for it ... ;)

Brook

Ellen K said...

Hey, perhaps the ACLU would take the case. After all, it is using your image without your permission AND you are not a public figure that would give them free rein. In fact you would have a good case of character assassination and stalking. If nothing else the lawsuit would be good for a laugh.

Darren said...

If he were as important to me as I seem to be to him, I'd do so. But wow, it didn't take much to unhinge him, did it?

Anonymous said...

Are you surprised that it doesn't take much to unhinge a Leftie? In my experience, a warm breeze will do it.

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how vastly uneducated people are when it comes to the "First Amendment". This guy even states again that companies such as Yahoo are "bound by the First Amendment."

Of course, they are not!

How do you get these uneducated hotheads to understand the First Amendment's free speech clause is in reference to government intervention only?

Anonymous said...

I'm just reading this, and I am as offended as if it were my own blog.

Let me just say, that your blog is NOT skanky!!!!

His jealousy is apparent, as he wrote -

"I will gladly direct my readers to your skanky website to see the picture of you and Paige..."

He does seem to be bordering on Highly Obsessive Behavior...but at the very least, once directed to your site, 'his readers' will have articles of substance to read and ponder in order to gain a more balanced view of things.

Bravo, Darren! You're hitting nerves and might I say, in a justifiably legal way!
Bravo!

Darren said...

Thank you, Lillian :-)

And Bob, I don't think we *do*. All that can happen is that they make fools of themselves in this regard, howl about it, and claim victimhood to anyone who will listen.

Anonymous said...

Neko is right...it doesn't take much. Just wait and watch as the presidential primaries start to heat up. There will be drama-drama-drama, particularly in teachers lounges...