Tuesday, June 06, 2023

Are You *Kidding* Me?

On January 26th I ordered some Queen Elizabeth commemorative coins from the Royal Canadian Mint.

In February I received an estimated delivery date of March 21st.

In March I received an estimated delivery date of April 11th.

Later in March I received an estimated delivery date of April 27th.

In April I received an estimated delivery date of May 17th.

In May I received an estimated delivery date of June 8th.

Later in May I received an estimated delivery date of June 28th.

Today I was notified that the order has shipped and has an estimated delivery date of June 15th.  I won't even be in the United States on that date or for several days after.  But I will be here June 28th.

*sigh*

Update, 6/12/23:  The Canada Post web site says my package is out for delivery today.  I confirmed the US Postal Service and not a package delivery company will deliver it, so I went to my local post office (I currently have the post office hold my mail).  It wasn't there.  You know what was there, though?  The King Charles coronation commemorative coin I ordered from the UK's Royal Mint when TV coverage of the coronation was finished on May 6th.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Darren said...

When you have something to say that's related to what I've written, I'll consider posting it. Until then, no.