Friday, August 19, 2022

One Battle Is Almost Won

I mentioned my 5-figure situation of having to have all new plumbing throughout my house.  The plumbers wanted to shut my water off all week and work on it, but there was no way I was going to move out due to lack of water.  I asked them to put all the new plumbing in place, and then at the very end, cut off the old connections and hook up the new ones.

Each day this week when I got home from work, I enjoyed going through the house and seeing what they worked on that day.  Yesterday when I got home, though, they were still here.  They were going to connect everything and finish up, and I looked forward to it.

I had no water in my house from the time I got home yesterday until 18 minutes after midnight, when they left.  But it's all done.  I have new pipes, I have water in my house, and I have no leak.  I'll call that a victory.

The battle is not yet won, though.  I still have some sheet rock that needs to be replaced, a vanity to be purchased and installed, and painting to be done.  The plumbers don't do that work so I'm still looking for someone to do it.

I'll be happy when it's all done and I can move back into my master bathroom, which right now looks like a cross between a construction project and a war zone.

No comments: