Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Not Feeling Great

I've had a sore throat since late last week.  And for the last few days you can add in sinus pain and hacking up crud.  Did the inevitable finally happen, did I get the 'rona?

I'm not interested in missing work, but neither am I interested in becoming Patient 0 for the next major outbreak in the neighborhood.  I went to the office today and asked for a 'rona test.

No, I didn't want the take-home type, which are about as reliable as reading goat entrails.  I wanted the official, super-duper test.  One of our office workers administered it for me, although I had to put the swab in my nose myself.

The result?  A loud and thunderous negatory.  Maybe I have a summer cold, but I don't have the 'rona.  So off to 1st period I went.

3 comments:

Steve USMA '85 said...

So not OK to spread the 'vid around school but perfectly OK to spread other sickness around the school?

Darren said...

No one's afraid of a cold, which is apparently what I have. Been keeping a little more distance from people, which is what I always did when I went to work feeling under the weather.

Ellen K said...

I too have the headachy, scratchy throat achy thingie. But it's the same one I've gotten for the last forty years at this time of year. It's allergies and as the summer winds down and rains increase, the plants get super happy and start throwing around pollen like confetti. We have a lovely stand of ragweed that was dying from the drought until last week's rains. I may feel worse than I've felt with COVID or the flu, but staying home is not an option for allergies. I wish I could stay home tomorrow, but I have to babysit.