Thursday, December 10, 2020

Final Exam, Redux

The 15-page final exam for my online Calculus for Bio/Medicine 1 course included 2 blank pages--which I used to continue work from previous pages.  So yes, I used all 15 pages.

When I downloaded it and started working on it a few days ago, I was in a shallow funk; my plan was to do the bare minimum needed to get an A in the course, and then a few points more just in case I made any errors, and then turn it in.

Then I got out of my funk, and after I had done enough that I was reasonably sure that I'd earned a solid A in the course (don't know if he gives A-'s or not, but I didn't want one of those!), I decided to keep on going.  I had one problem left, a very difficult problem, but I kept at it.  Two nights ago I finished the entire test.  Last night I scanned it, but didn't submit it in case I wanted to spend the time to comb through it and find silly errors I might have made.  Tonight I submitted it online, deciding not to spend any more time on it and to just just let the chips fall where they may.

This course was an excellent review for me.  Calc for Bio/Medicine 2 starts in a month.

Update, 12/12/20:  final exam score was 128/130.  Overall course grade was 931/936, 99.47%.  I'm feeling pretty good :)

No comments: