Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Washing Machine

A while back my washing machine stopped doing its 2nd spin cycle.  It would wash, drain, and spin, but on the 2nd cycle, just wash and drain.  It would give an error message, and I'd have to set it to do a special "rinse and spin" cycle, which took another 15 min.  Got tired of it, so I called in a repairman.

He swapped out just about every component in that washer--even the control board--but nothing changed.  After 4 or 5 visits he decided just to refund my money.  He took the new control board back but left all the other parts in the machine, which I'll dispose of when we have one of our three-a-year community cleanups next month.

So I need a new washer.  Found one I really liked at SamsClub.com but all over the internet it had horrible reviews.  I don't want another problem washer, so I nixed that one.  A different repairman told me "Samsung for features/technology, Whirlpool for reliability", so I found a Whirlpool washer on both the Lowe's and Home Depot web sites.

According to Lowe's, it'll be delivered Friday.  (How are they staying open and able to do this under our current government pronouncements?)  I'm looking forward to my new toy.

1 comment:

guest said...

Hardware stores are staying open, so far.

Ann in L.A.