Saturday, July 13, 2019

Heading Home

I've been to Vancouver a few times but still found new things to see and do on this trip--especially Grouse Mountain and the Capilano Suspension Bridge.

My friend flew home this morning and my plan was to spend a couple more days in the Vancouver metro area, but I decided I'd seen and done plenty and now I could start a slow drive home. 

It took about 80 min to cross the US border today, and driving on I-5 through Seattle is never a pleasant experience.  In fact, I dislike it so much that on the trip I'm currently piecing together for next summer, I'll head east and maybe go see eastern Washington and cross the border up there.

Met up with my nephew and his brother in downtown Portland for dinner, and only made it to Salem before calling it a night and getting a hotel room.  No-frills Super 8 has a parking space for veterans out front--never seen that before!

I'm 9-10 hrs of driving from home, but maybe I'll take it slow and stop and see some sights instead of just breezing through.  Jury duty doesn't start till next Monday so I have plenty of time.

2 comments:

Mike Thiac said...

Jury duty....what did you do to piss off the gods?

Anonymous said...

Some Harris Teeter supermarkets have up-front veterans’ parking spaces too.