Monday, February 11, 2019

I Feel Sad

12 years and 2 months ago, I bought a Toyota Camry.  It was the 4th primary vehicle I've ever owned, and it was a year old when I bought it, having been a Hertz rental.  It had over 25,000 miles on it when I bought it, and a few minutes ago a teenager drove it away with just over 138,000 miles on it.

Yes, I've replaced tires, oil, headlight and taillight bulbs, and maybe a belt--but that car still pretty much runs like it did the day I bought it.

Not many sedans would pull a trailer:

I hope the new owner will get the same enjoyment and reliability out of it that I did.

Maybe I won't feel so sad tomorrow after work, when I go to pick up my new pickup.  It's a 2017 Ram 1500 with under 200 miles on it from the dealer (long story).  It'll tow my new (to me) 20' trailer, and that's what I bought it for.

No comments: