Monday, April 30, 2018

Who's Toxic?

Suzanne Venker will tell you:
The phrase "toxic masculinity" is a perfect example. We’ve been hearing this phrase bantered about for several years. Now we have universities with the audacity to treat masculinity as a "mental health" disorder. It’s appalling and outrageous.

And it is women, not men, who are behind this madness. By my calculations, then, it isn’t men who are toxic. It’s women.

There is nothing harmful about masculinity or femininity in their respective natural states. Nothing. There are, however, broken women and men. Broken men tend to lash out in violent ways -- hence, the concept of "toxic masculinity" -- but it isn’t their DNA that’s hurting them. It’s their lack of purpose. And that lack of purpose stems from the lack of a father or father figure. As Dr. Warren Farrell explains here (as well as in his new book, The Boy Crisis): “Boys who hurt, hurt us.”

But broken women are just as destructive. They simply lash out differently: by using words. Look at Michelle Wolf at Saturday night’s White House Correspondents’ Dinner. Wolf personifies what we could easily refer to as "toxic femininity," but I won’t stoop to the level of the Left. Instead I’ll say this: women can be downright dangerous. Not physically, but emotionally.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a woman and I am often embarrassed by others of my own gender.

Ellen K said...

True. I have suffered more from female managers and coworkers than male managers. Too many females indulge in manipulative games and gossip. I'm so tired of it that I'm actually retiring early to get away from a coworker who is loved by administration, but who dumps all projects on others taking the glory for herself. I've never had a male coworker pull that kind of crap.