Monday, December 10, 2012

An Inauspicious Ending

It's not that I think I bombed today's final exam--I certainly do not. I probably didn't ace it, either, but perhaps that's not a bad thing, given that the last time I thought I aced a final my overall grade actually dropped from a solid A to an A- because of the final. Yes, seriously.

I was allotted two hours for today's final exam but only took 80 minutes, and that includes checking what answers I could as well as doing the bonus question.

No, it's an inauspicious ending to the first class of my master's program because I have a splitting headache--and not just an ordinary headache, but a straight-across-the-face sinus headache.  Maybe that's to be expected, given that I've been up since 2:30 am (had to study for the final!).  Whatever the reason, I can't celebrate what I anticipate being a very good showing in that class.

I'm having some jasmine tea right now.  In a little while I'll go watch some tv with the dog, and then I'll hit the hay early.  That usually does the trick on headaches.

3 comments:

maxutils said...

It sounds like a hard class. I know your work ethic, and am sure you got the best you could. i know i did linear algebra in econ . . .and i could handle the calculus. linear algebra, not so much.

Mike Thiac said...

You're getting a degree in a real major and it's been a while since you've been in a "class"so cut yourself some slack.

As far as the headache, Eggnog and Markers Mark does me well!

Mrs. Bluebird said...

I'm a firm believer in Goodey's Headache Powders...truly. I'm not sure you even have them out there (I don't remember them when I lived in L.A.) but they are a staple here in The South.